- Approximately 5 hours a week during the spring semester, approximately January 11 through May 1.
- Strong academic interest in Themester 2021's theme, Resilience
- Social media literacy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong writing, editing, and proof-reading skills
- Familiarity with InDesign
- Ability to think creatively to solve problems and generate ideas
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with peers, staff, and faculty
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Preference given to College of Arts and Sciences majors and minors
Duties + responsibilities
The general duty of a spring intern is to support the director of academic initiatives in communicating with students and the broader community about Themester, a College of Arts and Sciences undergraduate program. A spring outreach and communications intern’s duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Document and communicate Themester activities
- Help create and implement a social media plan
- Help create print and online publicity materials
- Connect IU students and community members to Themester through promotional activities
The Themester internship is a paid internship with an hourly rate of $10.15 an hour.
Prepare a cover letter and resume. Documents should be combined into one file (pdf or Word document).
Application deadline: November 13