- Approximately 3 to 4 hours a week during the fall semester, September - early December
- There might be an opportunity to continue in the spring.
Photography and Design Internship
- Strong academic or persional interest in the Themester 2022 focus on "Identity and Identification"
- Demonstrated interest and ability in photography
- Familiarity with photo-editing software preferred (but not requred)
- Familiarity with InDesign (but not required)
- Familiarity with Instagram (but not required)
- Strong writing and observational skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to see a project to its conclusion
- Ability to think creatively to solve problems and generate ideas
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with peers, staff and faculty
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Interest in developing the aforementioned skills in a professional setting
- Preference given to College of Arts and Sciences majors and minors (including includes students pursuing degrees in The Media School, Eskenazi School of Art, Architecture + Design, and the Hamilton Lugar School of Global and International Studies) or students planning to declare majors and minors in the College
Duties + responsibilities
The general duty of interns is to support the Director of Academic Initiatives in engaging students in the Fall Themester. The intern’s duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Document specific Themester events
- Reflect and report on a selection of Themester events
- Document Themester classes as assigned
- Take environmental portraits of individuals as assigned
- Work with other interns to create and implement a social media plan, specifically on Instagram
- Engage in issues and ideas raised by the Themester and contribute photography to campus blogs as appropriate
The intern must supply his or her own camera equipment and must produce high-resolution (print-quality, minimum 300 dpi) digital images. All photos submitted will become the property of IU and the IU College of Arts and Sciences, to be used in any print or electronic media. The intern will receive photo credit lines for all images used in print publications and, if appropriate, for images used in electronic media.
The Themester internship is a paid internship with an hourly rate of $12 an hour.
Prepare a cover letter and resume with a link to a portfolio of 5 to 10 of your best digital images. Please do not email digital images.
Application deadline: August 1