- Approximately 3 hours a week during the fall semester, early August - early December.
Photography and Design Internship
- Strong academic interest in the Themester 2020
- Demonstrated interest and ability in photography
- Familiarity with photo-editing software
- Familiarity with InDesign
- Familiarity with Instagram
- Strong writing and observational skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to see a project to its conclusion
- Ability to think creatively to solve problems and generate ideas
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with peers, staff and faculty
- Ability to work unsupervised
Duties + responsibilities
The general duty of interns is to support the Director of Academic Initiatives in engaging students in the Fall Themester. The intern’s duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Reflect and report on a selection of Themester events
- Document specific Themester events
- Document Themester classes as assigned
- Take environmental portraits of individuals as assigned
- Work with other interns to create and implement a social media plan, specifically on Instagram
- Use InDesign to layout a monthly calendar and create promotional materials
- Engage in issues and ideas raised by the Themester and contribute photography to campus blogs as appropriate
The intern must supply his or her own camera equipment and must produce high-resolution (print-quality, minimum 300 dpi) digital images. All photos submitted will become the property of IU and the IU College of Arts and Sciences, to be used in any print or electronic media. The intern will receive photo credit lines for all images used in print publications and, if appropriate, for images used in electronic media.
The Themester internship is a paid internship with an hourly rate of $10.15 an hour.
Interns must be available August 17-21, the week before classes begin, to take part in training, team-building, and initial outreach activities.
Prepare a cover letter and resume with a link to a portfolio of 10 of your best digital images. Box folder is acceptable. Please do not email digital images.
Application deadline: March 25