- Approximately 5 hours a week during the summer, approximately June 1 through August 15.
- Students interested in a both the summer and the fall Outreach Internship should apply for both.
Outreach & Communications Internship
- Strong academic interest in Themester 2021's Resilience
- Strong writing, editing, and proof-reading skills
- Familiarity with InDesign
- Ability to think creatively to solve problems and generate ideas
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with peers, staff, and faculty
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Preference given to College of Arts and Sciences undergraduate majors and minors
Duties + responsibilities
The general duty of summer interns is to support the director of academic initiatives in communicating with students and community about the fall Themester. A summer intern’s duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Help create and implement a summer social media plan
- Help collect and maintain information on Themester's fall programs
- Help write and edit a catalogue of fall programs
- Help create Themester print and online publicity materials
- Connect IU students and community members to Themester through outreach activities (examples might include the summer orientation resource fair at Wells Library or Bloomington community events)
- Help plan Themester's First Thursday activities
The Themester internship is a paid internship with an hourly rate of $10.15 an hour.
Prepare a cover letter, resume, and an optional suggestion or outline for a student-centered Themester event. Documents should be combined into one file (pdf or Word document).
Students interested in a both the summer and fall Outreach Internship should indicate an interest in their cover letter, but also apply separately for the second position.
Application deadline: March 15