- Foster Quad 012B (as of 3/12/2021)
- Days and Times
- 10:00A-11:15A Monday and Wednesday
- Course Description
In this seminar, we investigate various scientific, philosophical, ethical, and practical issues associated with climate change and geoengineering. Course readings range from accessible scientific sources to philosophical texts and news articles. Some questions we will explore:
- Why can we trust climate models to tell us about future climate? Can they tell us about a geoengineered climate?
- In what sense is climate change a wicked problem?
- Should we oppose the research and/or implementation of geoengineering?
This course fulfills a GenEd N&M and a CASE N&M.
This course number has multiple titles. Choose section 41938.
Instructor: Ryan O’Loughlin