- Approximately 5 hours a week during the fall 2022 semester, mid-August to early December
Outreach & Event Internship
- Strong academic or persional interest in the Themester 2022's focus on "Identity and Identification"
- Strong writing and observational skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to see a project to its conclusion
- Ability to think creatively to solve problems and generate ideas
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with peers, staff, and faculty
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Preference given to College of Arts and Sciences majors and minors
Duties + responsibilities
The general duty of interns is to support the Director of Academic Initiatives in engaging students in the fall Themester. An outreach intern’s duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Reflect and report on a selection of Themester events
- Work with other interns to create and implement a social media plan
- Engage in issues and ideas raised by the Themester and contribute to blog posts
- Take the lead on and coordinate at least one Themester event or project
- Connect IU students and community members to Themester through outreach activities
- Help plan and implement Themester's First Thursday activities
- Speak about about Themester in classes, student organizations, and other groups
The Themester internship is a paid internship with an hourly rate of $10.15 an hour.
Interns must be available August 16-20, the week before classes begin, to take part in training, team-building, and initial outreach activities.
Prepare a cover letter, resume, and an optional suggestion or outline for a student-centered Themester event. Documents should be combined into one file (pdf or Word document).
Application deadline: August 1